Tweets from St Dunstan's School
International School Award
The British Council offers the International School Award (ISA) as an accreditation framework for schools to record and evaluate their international work and embed it into the curriculum and whole school ethos
St Dunstan’s School has signed the following Statement of Intent and has gained the ISA Foundation Level accreditation:
- Our school is committed to raising standards for all pupils and using international benchmarking and collaboration in order to achieve this.
- We aim to enable young people to embrace their future with confidence and understanding.
- We will raise their aspirations to participate in life and work at a global level, and ensure they have the opportunity to match their peers in knowledge and ability, and communicate effectively across countries and cultures.
- Our curriculum will reflect our commitment to develop awareness and understanding of the languages and religions, history and geography, character and concerns of people around the world.
- We confirm that there are curriculum-based international activities across some subjects in place or planned.
- We have begun to look for partnerships in other countries or to develop activities and initiatives for our existing partnerships.
Annual educational visits take place to France and Germany.
There are also links with a school in Ski Lanka.
In 2011/12 exciting links are planned with No 12 Middle School, Yueyang, Huan Province, China following a visit by Mrs Stevenson and other Headteachers from the local area in October 2011 when a memorandum of understanding was signed that identified collaborative project work that is to be developed between the 2 schools.